Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 1.1-Mind.Set


Welcome, welcome, welcome to Weight Loss Wunderland Week 1. To begin our journey we need to lay a good foundation. Lets talk about our mindset.

mind·set n. 1. A fixed mental attitude or disposition that predetermines a person's responses to and interpretations of situations.

We need to have the right mind set before we start our journey. A mindset is a FIXED mental attitude that will determine our responses and interpretations of all the situations that either lead to our weight loss or gain.

Example
Sad Sally's Mindset: "I'm gonna be fat forever"
Sad Sally's Response to late night snack of cheetoes: "What difference does it make, I'm fat anyways"...chomp, chomp, chomp (no wonder Sad Sally is always sad)

We want to have positive attitudes. But a mindset does not just come to us over night. It comes from repetition and experience. So here is your first assignment.

Assignment #1-Dispeling the wrong Mindset of how we view ourselves

Get out a pen and paper and write this down! Put it by your bed.
1. I'm valuable
2. I can and will change
3. I choose my own destiny

Repeat out loud to self 10 times every morning and evening. Don't miss a day!! (It doesn't matter how you feel doing this, just do it!)

We often get caught in the rut of thinking "this is the way I am, I can't change it, just accept me." No doubt we'll love and accept you just the same, but that's not the truth! You can change! And you'll feel so good when you do!

These things are simple but true and we will talk about them more in more detail along our Wunderland journey. But for now you need to repeat this to yourself out loud 10 times every morning before your day begins and every evening before you go to bed.

There is much more to Mind.Set, so stay posted as we cover it this week!

2 comments:

  1. Holly, thanks for this great insight and breakthrough in changing our mind sets... I wll definitely start using this tonight and I will go home and write it on my dresser mirror with lipstick to make it more DIVA-ish :) Love -u !!! --wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy your the best Diva I know ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
bloggers